Good communication is one of the most valued skills in interpersonal relations, academic settings and the workplace. Effective listening is basic to communicating productively. The Personal Listening Profile helps people become active, purposeful listeners in a wide variety of situations for more productive communication.
The Facilitator’s Kit includes everything you need to conduct a full-day or half-day session using the Personal Listening Profile.
- Conflict Management
- Stress and Change
- Customer Relations / Sales
- Innovation / Creativity
- Managing / Coaching / Mentoring
Learn to Listen and Respond With Purpose Listening is more than hearing. Listening is the ability to receive, attend to, interpret, and respond to verbal messages and other cues, like body language, in ways that are appropriate to the purpose. If the message is entertaining, our purpose is to enjoy, so we listen and respond in a relaxed manner. If the message is intended to persuade us, our purpose is judgment, so we listen and respond critically. It is estimated that people screen out or misunderstand the intended meaning or purpose of a message in over 70 percent of communications, making listening the biggest contributing factor to miscommunication.
Discover the Impact of Different Listening Approaches Behavioral research shows that people approach listening with different purposes and with different motivations related to that purpose. The Personal Listening Profile helps people discover their preferred or most natural approach to listening as they gain insight into the different listening approaches of others. The Personal Listening Profile identifies five listening approaches:
Match Listening Approaches to Communication Needs
The Personal Listening Profile® helps young adults and employees:
- Discover their natural approach to listening
- Capitalize on their listening strengths
- Learn how listening approaches impact listening effectiveness
- Improve their ability to understand the purpose of different communications
- Use listening approaches appropriate to the communication
- Overcome listening barriers and reduce conflict
- Enhance individual and team performance
Facilitator’s Kit includes:
- One Facilitator’s Manual
- A fully scripted listening seminar
- PowerPoint® presentations, handouts, seminar evaluation forms and research reports on CD-ROM
- Research and technical background
- Two Personal Listening Profiles