NEW: ICF and CCE approved – Earn 4 CE’s through the Institute for Life Coach Training
Professional Development Webinar for Coaches & Counselors
Millennial Career Coaching: A 5-Step Model to Make Informed Career Decisions
Two Consecutive Wednesday afternoons:
- Wednesday, January 30 and Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
This course is for career coaches and career counselors who work with, or want to work with, secondary and post-secondary students as well as new college graduates (This encompasses
millennial and post-millennial clients). You will learn a structured process for helping young
adults develop a good fit career plan during the coaching engagement. You will learn a process
for guiding clients to test their assumptions about various career options and do the requisite
research to make better informed choices about postsecondary opportunities, internships and
initial job opportunities. You will also walk away with a set of off-the-shelf tools to use with
clients which will enable them to identify where, within the world of work, they might find a
good fit job at a self-sustaining wage. Your students and/or clients will benefit by having a
structured process for conducting research on various occupations of interest, as well as
increased knowledge about what employers are looking for in the client’s chosen occupation or
set of desirable occupations.
In this four-hour course, participants will:
- Review the elements of a self-directed approach to career exploration.
- Learn about a 5-Step Model for identifying and pursuing a good fit career path
- Acquire a tool which helps clients/students retrieve comparative information about various career options and discuss ways to help them draw conclusions from their research
- Discuss coaching questions to use when debriefing the information gathered using the tools mentioned above. As mentioned in the ICF Core Competencies we will cover questions including those that:
- Reflect active listening and an understanding of the client’s perspective
- Encourage inquiry for greater understanding, awareness and clarity.
- Be introduced to a three-part planning tool to help clients/students reach specific career goals when financial considerations, academic performance (GPA or test scores), or opportunity in a locality limit options.
Tuition Fee – $200
Participants will walk away with strategies, tips and reusable worksheets to use with their clients.
This course will include interactive activities such as role-play, online research and discussion.
Both the International Coaching Federation and the Center for Credentialing and
Education have approved this course for 4 continuing education credits.
Participants will be required to purchase 2 books before the course. These are, “What Color Is
Your Parachute for Teens,” and, “Transform Interests Into Jobs: A Career Practitioner’s Guide.”
Purchase on Amazon. Currently both titles are available for $27.15.